What is a Resource Course?
A Resource Course is a generic course set up in WebAssign that lets a student access all the resources associated with his or her textbook through WebAssign, independently from an instructor-led course.
When does a student use a Resource Course?
- If a student bought a bundled textbook package at the bookstore with a WebAssign access code, but the instructor has chosen not to enable WebAssign for the course.
- If a student purchased a bundled Lifetime of Edition (LOE) WebAssign access code, which enables unlimited access to WebAssign courses that use this same edition of the textbook at no additional cost.
- If a student wants to purchase WebAssign for remediation or extra support.
Benefits of a WebAssign Resource Course
With a WebAssign Resource Course the student will have access to all of the resources and learning material that come with his or her specific textbook. These resources will vary depending on the textbook and publisher, but could include access to an interactive eBook, lecture videos, question tutorials to support better comprehension of the course’s key concepts, and a self-paced Personal Study Plan that provides quizzes and instructional materials that students can use to learn, practice, and test their knowledge at their own pace.
What do I need to do so my students can enroll into the Resource Course?
There are two options for enrolling students.
- Set up a course and enroll any interested students,
- Or students can enroll with a class key to a generic resource course provided by WebAssign. This class key will be emailed to you if one of your students requested access, or you can contact WebAssign’s customer support to have one created.
NOTE: If you create your own basic WebAssign course (recommended option), you will be able to review your students’ progress with the resources and provide additional practice problems and homework assignments. If your students enroll in a WebAssign-created course, you will not have access to it for review purposes.
Students will follow these steps for easy enrollment into the resource course:
- Go to www.webassign.com and click on “ENTER CLASS KEY”at the top of the homepage.
- Enter the resource class key provided by your instructor and click submit.
- If the resource class is listed, click “YES, THIS IS MY CLASS.”
- Either provide your existing WebAssign account information, or create new WebAssign account.
- Purchase options are then presented. Access codes can be entered at this time.
As always, we are here to help should you have any remaining questions. Please contact customer support for further help.